- Lodge of Progress Go for Gold There was a full house at Chester Le Street Masonic Centre for Lodge of Progress’s Installation night. David Grey, Chairman of the Durham Branch of the Masonic Fishing Charity, who was representing the Provincial Grand Master, witnessed an excellent ceremony from Paul Black installing …Read More »
- MCF – Leaving a Will or Legacy Make a new Will your 2018 promise Spring has sprung, drawing a line under the winter months (although Storm Emma just couldn’t let go), and for many, the annual psychological battle to keep New Year’s resolutions alive probably ended some months ago. …Read More »
- The River Spey Charity Open Canoe Trip W BRO JOHN MARSHALL – Hudson Lodge No. 2791 The Spey descends through some of Scotland’s most outstanding natural scenery – rising in the Monadhliath Mountains at Loch Spey, just 10 miles south of Fort Augustus on Loch Ness – and journeying north east …Read More »
- Restoration Lodge Hits Silver Burns Night was a double celebration at the Restoration Lodge when the Lodge Charity Steward, W Bro Ian Groves PPGReg was presented with his Silver Pin Badge for the Durham 2021 Festival by the APGM, W Bro Stephen Walker PJGD. The Festive Board started off with …Read More »
- St. George’s Night Social St. Mary’s Lodge No. 4864 On Saturday 21st April 2018, St. Mary’s Lodge No. 4864 are to hold a St. George’s Night Social at Gateshead Masonic Hall, in aid of the Durham 2021 Festival appeal. The spectacular event will commence at 7pm with carriages …Read More »
- The Largest Donated Cheque in Agricola History W.Bro. Simon Craig Steele was presented a cheque for £10,000 towards the 2021 Festival. This was presented by the incoming Master during the second rising at the Lodge installation on the 17th November 2017. Under the previous Masters reign, team Agricola has once …Read More »
- Gold Award goes to Derwent Lodge No. 4250 On Wednesday 15th October 2017 the APGM W Bro J D Watts attend Derwent Lodge is his official capacity and was presented a cheque to the value of £4,250.00 which has taken the Lodge to their Durham 2021 Festival 5 year target in …Read More »
- November meeting for St Oswald lodge, who meet in Darlington, was a double celebration. The Provincial Grand Master, Norman Eric Heaviside, was in attendance to represent the Province of Durham and to witness the installation of Donald Bowen (Don). After a well-executed ceremony upstairs which was a testimony to the …Read More »
- The Provincial Grand Master, Norman Eric Heaviside along with the Festival Director, John Thompson made a formal visit to Durham Masonic Hall for to present Elvet Lodge with their Platinum Award. Once the lodge had duly opened by their young Master, Michael Snowball, Eric was then ‘piped’ into the lodge …Read More »
- Silver Award presented to St. Cuthbert Lodge No. 3417 On Tuesday 7th November the APGM W Bro Stephen Walker attended St Cuthbert Lodge in Darlington for a Formal visit to the Lodge, whilst he was in attendance the Lodge made use of being able to present the APGM with a …Read More »
- We would like you to design the front of our 2018 Christmas cards The chosen designs will be printed and distributed ready for sale Christmas 2018. Entries will be judged on three age categories 5-8 years, 9-12 years and 13-16 years (that being your age as of the closing date …Read More »
- Province of Durham 2021 Festival Grand Auction We are looking to hold a Grand Auction and Dinner in aid of the Durham 2021 Festival appeal. The first auction item will be a signed football shirt of the 1966 World Cup Champions including the 11 players and the manager, Sir Alf …Read More »
- Jigsaw Animals in aid of Durham 2021 Festival. W. Bro George Branch, PPrGSwdB of Westoe Lodge No 4750 has taken to making wood block jigsaws of many different kinds of animals to raise funds for the 2021 Festival. W Bro George who regularly makes novelty gifts to sell for …Read More »
- Lodge of Concord No. 6859 Silver Award On Friday 6th October 2017 at the Installation meeting, Lodge of Concord No. 6859 became the fifth Lodge out of six at Queen Street East, Sunderland, to surpass 66% of the Durham 2021 Festival target. In the Lodge room, the newly installed master, …Read More »
- Quest for Silver and Eric does a runner ! With over 50% of their members now continuously giving, Quest Lodge No. 7102 which meet in Seaham achieved their Silver Award on Tuesday 3rd October 2017. Hall Ambassador Malcolm Wilkinson presented the pin badge in open Lodge. Quest’s Charity Steward, Eric …Read More »
- Surtees Lodge No. 4593 Gold Award The date was Thursday 27th September 2017, the night the Brethren of the Surtees met at the Masonic Hall Shildon and received their Gold Award for the Durham 2021 Festival. The Deputy Provincial Grand Master John Arthur was shocked and surprised when he was …Read More »
- Corinthian Lodge No. 5808 Silver Award Bill Hobson has been busy this week, as area Director for the West he took a trip to Corinthian Lodge No. 5808 to present some well deserved achievement awards to acknowledge those brethren who have gone the extra mile for our Festival. David …Read More »
- “A Century of Wedding Gowns” Quest Lodge No. 7102 are hosting a Wedding Event on the 4th of November 2017 stating at 7:15pm, event is open to All. The event will be held at St. John’s Methodist Church, Ashbrooke Road, Sunderland, SR2 7HQ. ‘A Century of Wedding Gowns’ will be …Read More »
Follow what’s happening around the Province in the news section. The Festival Communication team wants to hear from you.
- What’s happening in your lodge?
- Are you hosting an event?
- Or maybe you are doing a sponsored event and you need to publicise it.
If you have any good news then we want to hear it.
We want this page full of stories and that this only happen with your support and articles.