The Yorkshire Three Peaks route is 24 miles (38.6km) and includes 1585m (5200ft) of ascent.
SUNDAY 14th JUNE 2020
This event has been organised for the more experienced hiker and is very much a difficult challenge that will require some training to take part. You will require some kit (listed below) and to be fit and healthy enough to take part.
The cost of taking part in this event is £30, this fee is to cover costs for an MCF branded Technical T-shirt, administration, first-aid and refreshments.
We are meeting in the car park at Horton-in-Ribblesdale car park BD24 0HE at 6:30am. No group transport is arranged for this event, but lifts may be available if you contact the event organiser – Ivan Lowther on 07714288084 to let him know if you would need or could provide transport for others.
- Walking boots (with ankle support, not trail shoes or trainers)
- Head torch
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Hiking socks
- Backpack (approx. 20-30 litre size)
- Water container (bottle or Camelback-style, 1-2 litres)
- Food & hill snacks (pasta, cereal bars, dried fruit, nuts)
- Hat (covering ears)
- Walking trousers (lightweight hiking trousers, not jeans or tracksuit trousers)
- Sports top (not cotton)
- Warm outer layer
- Changes of clothes
- Sunglasses & suncream
- Walking poles
- Light shoes / sandals
- Thermal underwear
- Backpack raincover
The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge takes on the peaks of Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough, usually in this order, and in under 12 hours. These peaks form part of the Pennine range, and encircle the head of the valley of the River Ribble, in the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge includes:
- Pen-y-Ghent (694 metres)
- Whernside (736 metres)
- Ingleborough (723 metres)
For more information please follow this link:-https://www.threepeakschallenge.uk/yorkshire-three-peaks-challenge/
Our marshals will indicate direction and provide refreshments at several points along the way. They will also be there to provide basic first aid and help at ground level, where access permits.
Sunday 14th June 2020
6:30am Meet at Horton-in-Ribblesdale car park BD24 0HE
6:45am Briefing from the Festival team
7:00am Start Walking the designated Yorkshire 3 Peaks Route – clockwise
7:00pm onwards Hopefully Everyone will have completed the challenge
Terms and Conditions (Read Carefully before Applying)
- I would like to sign up to be a participant in the above event.
- I understand that entry is on a first come first served basis.
- The cost of the event is £30. This is payable via this link.
- This Event is subsidised by The Provincial Grand Lodge of Durham/Durham 2021 on behalf of the MCF. All sponsorship raised must therefore be for the Durham 2021 Festival in aid of the MCF. By signing up to this event I am committing to raise money in sponsorship for the Durham 2021 Festival/MCF
- I understand and agree that I participate in this event entirely at my own risk, that I must rely on my own ability in dealing with all hazards and that I must walk in a manner which is safe to myself and others. I am aware that when walking on a public highway the function of marshals is only to indicate direction and that I must decide whether it is safe.
- I agree that no liability whatsoever shall attach to the Organisers and/or The Provincial Grand Lodge of Durham in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by me in or by reason of the event however caused.
- I have no objection to photographic/video imagery being taken and used for promotional purposes.
- I hereby consent to the processing of my personal data for the purposes of this Event. Personal Data will only be used for the purposes of this Event and shared with the Event Organisers & Participants.
- I hereby agree to delete all participant personal data after the event is complete.
To buy tickets and book the Event please Click Here